Monday, February 8, 2010

The Home School Hop #1

Theme 1 – You

Our first theme is all about getting to know you, just you. Not your children or anyone else. It’s time to share a little about yourself, oh please include a photo, we’d really love to see one if you can.

Need a reminder of the blog hop details? They are all here>>>


Wow these are the times when you realise how little time you actually get on the other side of the camera. As the resident photographer in our house I was hard pressed to find a photo of me, but this will have to do. It certainly is a real recent photo but it's all I have right now.

Anyway, something about me mmmm let's see what can I share that is just about me. I love blogging (but I am sure you already know that hehehe) I love to scrapbook, but haven't done any in over 2 years, yes sad I know. I dream of being a better photographer. I dream even more of being a better cook, but can't stand the mess to clean up afterwards!

I love a great book, but struggle to read anything for some time after a really good read, nothing else seems to compare. Does anyone else have this problem? I do really struggle to jump from book to book, I seem to need a little down time in between each one otherwise I just can't 'get into' the book.

My all time favourite smell is cut grass after a shower of rain or a great meal cooking in the oven will often do the trick also.

I can't wait for the day when my children are old enough so that I will have more time for 'adult' art and craft activities/lessons for myself.

I didn't go to university and whilst I don't regert that decision I would dearly love to complete a degree of some description, but in what area is any body's guess at the moment.

Now all you need to do is enter your details in the McLinky Blog Hop below. (fingers crossed this all works)


MckLinky Blog Hop


If you need a reminder about The Home School Hop's details you can find them all here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont know about this doing a degree thing......you are a natural learner after all are you not???!!!!!
Though I could see you would probably enjoy studies in ancient history or philosphy!!!!
And yes my lovely I do tend to agree with you re the book thing. That is with fiction reading for me though. I can have a few non fiction books on the go at once. I am reading for eg right now a book on chakras, body language and adhd!!!!!! LOL!!!!
I did not know your favourite smell was cut grass- you know u can always come up here any time after rain - there is plenty of that smell in the air!! LOL!!! But yes I would have to agree it would have to be one of mine too!!!

Debbie said...

I've posted, but I'm not sure my MckLinky thing is showing up correctly...hope I've done it correctly!

I also love the smell of cut grass! I also enjoy scrapbooking, but I haven't done it in 5 years at least, partly because I no longer have time (I started it when my oldest was a baby), partly because we no longer print photos, and partly because I didn't bring any of my scrapbook tools with me to England. But I enjoyed it when I did it--maybe someday when the kids are grown, I'll print several years worth of photos, and I can get back to it...and cry while looking at pics of my babies.

Debbie said...

It is nice to get to know you a little better. I love this and will try to participate often!

kewkew said...

Well, I tried posting a comment and it didn't work, so I will try again. Just wanted to say I think this will be lots of fun and I plan on participating more. I found it interesting that you also like the smell of cut grass along with scrapbooking, and like myself don't really have time for it.

Mama to 5 said...

This is an awesome idea! Thank you - I love it! I added it to my blog! :)

Trudie said...

Great idea! I am joining in!

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a lovely comment :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs